In conjunction with Staffordshire University, our new and unique course Foundation Degree in Visitor Attraction and Resort Management offers a unique opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in a growth area of the leisure and entertainment sector.
By combining study with 20 weeks paid employment at Alton Towers Resort you will have the chance to learn in both an academic and practical way, covering a number of business functions. If you're interested in establishing a career specifically in visitor attractions and resorts - this exciting and innovative course is for you.
In the first year, you will be employed in front-line roles during your time at Alton Towers Resort, in retail, hotel and park operations. Alongside your Placement, you will study modules including:
· Managing the Customer Experience
· Visitor Attraction and Resort Management Operations
· Conference and Event Management
· Visitor Attraction and Resort Business Environment
In your second year, you will be equipped to work at Team Leader level and be able to specialise in particular areas of interest. In conjunction with your second Placement you will study the Modules including:
· Current Issues in Visitor Attraction and Resort Management
· Finance and Revenue Management in the Leisure Industry
· Marketing and Digital Communications
· Strategic Visitor Attraction and Resort Management
Following successful completion of the programme you will be able to either progress to a final year top-up and gain a full BA (Hons) degree or alternatively apply for career vacancies within Alton Towers and the wider Merlin Entertainments group who operate attractions world-wide and own such brands as Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres and Legoland.
For further information about Foundation Degree in Visitor Attraction and Resort Management call the enquiry team on 01782 294 400.