Scenic Production & Installation Team Member
We are the Alton Towers Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for a Scenic Production & Installation Team Member to help us run and maintain our Christmas product at the Alton Towers Resort.
In this role you'll play an important part in our Entertainments Construction team over our various products including maintenance of Cbeebies land, shows at the hotel, as well as the Christmas grottos. We are recruiting for someone with a can do attitude and experience in scenic production, installations and repairs of props/set to help deliver world-class shows and themed walk-through attractions across the Resort. This is a really broad role touching on all aspects of scenic production and installation and would suit someone with a varied skillset along and a positive hard working attitude. We are looking for people with impressive creative ability along with a brilliant work ethic who don’t mind getting their hands dirty!
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge in a variety of scenic production e.g. scenic carpentry, scenic painting, prop making, metal work, fit ups & get outs etc.
- Previous professional experience (including degrees & work placements) in scenic production or installation (be it theatre, film & TV, event, workshop based or site specific)
- Working knowledge of different methods and materials related to scenic production.
- Working knowledge of various power tools and machinery.
- Problem solving skills are a must, as some of our venues are listed buildings or require installation around existing attractions at the Resort.
- The ability to read and work independently from plans is a definite advantage.
- Willingness to utilise your wide range of skills by being both workshop based and getting stuck in helping with the transport and installation of materials and set pieces around the Resort.
- Being a great team player is crucial and, as this is a very hands on role, the ability to lift heavy loads and work at height is a must.
- You'll be happy to work in and outdoors and definitely have a passion for delivering and creating fantastic, immersive themed environments.
The role is based around a fixed term contract running from October until 27/01/2017, and will include weekends and bank holidays and overtime as required. Rate of pay £8.67 per hour. Specifics to be discussed at interview.